Athena




General Information:
Greek Name: Athena 
Roman Name: Minerva 
Gender: Female
Current City: Mount Olympus/ Athens
Occupation: Goddess of Wisdom
Relationship Status: Single. Forever.







 

Friends and Family: 
Parents: Zeus (dad), Metis (mom) I never met my mom. 
Siblings: My dad had many children but here are my favourites: Artemis (on of the three virgin goddesses) Apollo, Persephone, Heracles, etc.
Children:
Since I am a virgin goddess, children are naturally impossible, but I did adopt a son named Erichthonius.
Friends: Nike, Oredites, Apollo, Ares, Odysseus, and Heracles
Enemies: Medusa, because I caught her and Poseidon together in MY palace. That's why she has serpents instead of hair. (Later on Perseus kills her, and put her head on my aegis.) I am enemies with Poseidon, because when we battled for Athens we each had to give a gift to the people of Athens, he gave a creek of salt water and I gave an olive tree. I won Athens.


Favourites:
Powers/Responsibilities: Goddess of wisdom, war (strategy and defence) and justice  

Symbols: Olive tree and the owl
Favourite Book: War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Favourite Music: Single Ladies by Beyonce
Favourite Movie: Troy


Your Interests:

I have a deep interest in weaving, I am and will always be the best weaver in Greece. Once there was this mortal named Arachne, she boasted that she was a better weaver than me. She challenged me to see who was the best weaver. Angry, I went in disguise as old woman to see if this was true. When she challenged me again, I turned myself into my natural state, and the competition began. The myth says that I turned her into a spider so she could weave webs for the rest of her life.

Being the goddess of wisdom and war, I love to practice my skills, often my friends and I duel to practice our fighting skills. One day my friend Pallas, came to practice and I accidentally injured her. Her injury killed her. While I grieved for my lost friend, I added her name to mine and that is why I am now sometimes called Pallas Athena.

About Me: 

When my mother, Metis, was pregnant, my father Zeus feared that I would become the son that would overthrow him and rule in his place like he overthrew his dad Crones. His solution was to swallow my mother while she was pregnant. After a long while (I think), Zeus started having bad headaches, so he called the god Hephaisto to split his head with an axe, and I leaped out of his head, fully grown adult and dressed in armour. I instantly became the apple of my father's eye.

I became the leader of the three virgin goddesses, that means I don’t want to go on a date with anyone, or even make contact with a man.


First Date:

Quite frankly I would never date, I would lock every man in the world in a metal cage and get as far away as I could. Hoping that they would die of starvation or have painful death, like getting eaten by vultures, or with Zeus’s lighting bolt. Do not contact me I wrote this profile under duress.