Persephone

General Information
Greek Name: Persephone 
Roman Name: Proserpine
Gender: Female 

Current City: Fall and winter residence: The Underworld; Spring and summer residence: Mt. Olympus
Occupation: Queen of Underworld, Goddess of spring

Relationship Status: Unhappily married to Hades







Friends & Family:
Parents: Demeter and Zeus
Siblings: no full siblings, too many half siblings to name (thanks to Zeus) 

Children: Zagereus (male) and Melaaena (female) with my Dad (!!!) 
Friends: My kids, Mom, and Hecate
Enemies: Hades and Aphrodite (She thinks she’s so much prettier than everyone else!)

Favourites:
Powers/responsibilities: make fruits and grains grow, goddess of harvest
Symbol(s): reeds, waterfalls, springs, talking birds
Favourite Book: The Divorce Book by Matthew McKay
Favourite Music: Queen’s Night Out by Persephone’s Bees
Favourite Movie: The Little Mermaid


Your Interests:
With my abundant free time in the winter, I enjoy watching Desperate Housewives, plotting my escape, (out the portal to Earth seems to be the best way, and once those weights I ordered get here, I can start to think about getting past that guard.) avoiding pomegranates, and practicing divorce law. For obvious reasons.

About Me:
Well, I was stolen (by Hades) while collecting flowers with some nymph friends. Then he brought me to the Underworld and offered me some food. Well I don’t exactly trust food given to me by the Devil, himself, so I refused. But that little wiener is really persistent. He kept offering my this yummy looking food and I was actually starting to get hungry by now so I thought that just sucking on some pomegranate seeds couldn’t do any harm. But APPARENTLY pomegranates are the fruit of the dead, or something. So yeah.


Now I spend six months (fall and winter) in the Underworld (it’s Hell, literally.) and six months with Mom on Mt. Olympus. When I'm gone, Mom gets really sad and mad at Hades, and ‘cause she’s the one that makes everything grow, everything dies. Then when she knows I'm coming home soon, she starts to feel better and lets some stuff grow. Then I come home and we spend, like, a whole month or two (some places take longer that others) trying to convince all the plants and flowers that Mom is not going to kill them. Then we have to melt the snow, return the sun’s heat and call back all the migratory birds. It takes forever.


First Date:
The perfect guy would live anywhere except in the Underworld. He would be smart and strong enough to get me past Hades' guards, and he would have to be handsome enough to impress my mother. He would care for me more than Hades, and treat me better, too.

The ideal date with the guy of my dreams would be in one of Earth’s jungles, so I could be near the monkeys and talking birds, beside a waterfall, in the summer, when all my spring chores are done. We would prepare the meal together on Mt. Olympus and it would consist of anything but pomegranates. (You even suggest them, we’re done.) After we eat, we could frolic through all of Earth’s gardens, pick flowers and, if I’m willing to go on a second date, plant a garden together on Mt. Olympus.